Thursday 10 November 2011

Youth

Recently, I've been coasting. I have been sliding along not taking a real interest, lazing in a haze of pleasantness. It's easy to do when life is this good. I forgot to taste food when I eat it. I forgot to enjoy the feel of sunshine, and wind. I forgot to really listen to new people for their take on life.

Eventually, you start to feel like you have things set. Like you have the right outlook and the right knowledge to be happy. As if anything else is unnecessary bunk just floating around.

But life isn't about arriving, it's about moving, about change, new things, experiences. It's about feeling like you're about to take that last step off a diving board every second. It's about participating, and letting what's out there get to you, affect you, and become a part of you.

That's what being young is. Being affected. Listening. Being open to change in your heart and your mind. And if you remember that, you can be young for as long as you want.